Friday, June 8, 2012

DIY Carnival Games



Ring toss, can be made with any bottles (I like the colored glass ones better).  Plastic kids bracelets can be used for the rings.



Bean bag toss, super easy, just some plywood with holes cut in it.  They can be painted anyway you like, I saw a cute version with monkeys on it while looking around.  To make it a little harder, the board can be a giant tic tac toe board.


Fish bowl game: this could also be made with clear plastic cups (beer pong anyone?  Too bad I'm horrible at  beer pong).  Little glass bowls like this can be bought at the dollar store though, but if you want a lot of them it might add up.



Head cutout boards: Can be painted onto a sheet of plywood, or purchased for relatively cheap.  I would paint one myself if I made one, probably something like this, but they could also just be really simple image, like basic shapes or fruits or whatnot.



Milk bottle toss: I don't know where in the hell anyone would get milk bottles sturdy enough for this (what are they even made out of?), but I've seen versions with metal canteens and sealed cans.  They sell versions online as well, but if you want to make it yourself, I'd go with plastic bottles filled with sand.  You can reuse any drink bottle you like the shape off, gatorade bottles and the like are nice and hefty.  I would maybe consider making them a little lighter and using a tennis ball to throw instead of a softball, just to make it less likely someone is going to break something.



Shooting gallery: I found this pretty cute set here http://www.seventhavenue.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=76376&code=075117  with these three targets and the two guns.  The targets have infrared sensors and will go down when shot, how neat is that??  At $30, it's not bad.  But, considering we have a pretty wide variety of air soft guns and nerf guns at our disposal, a version of this could also be set up with just some various targets on a wooden beam that would cost us basically nothing.  You can get a small nerf gun for $10 easily, and a basic airsoft gun for about $20 or so.  The targets would have to be light for the nerf guns, but at anything with kids you don't really want airsoft guns laying around.


That's it for now, more to come if I find anything else I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment